ROUGE Fine Catering is committed to environmental and social responsibility and has developed a “Green Program” for our clients. ROUGE created and manages a 100% Eco-Friendly Café at the Under Armour Corporate Headquarters. We encourage our clients to go “Green” whenever possible and practice what we preach by composting and recycling at our Hunt Valley facility. By working with local farms, co-operatives, and dairies and creating sustainable and local menus, we are committed to do our part. ROUGE is certified to work as a Green Caterer with the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and Irvine Nature Center where rigid standards of practice have been achieved without sacrificing quality, sophistication, or variety.
We are proud to work with the following local farms and co-operatives:
How to: Eco-Friendly Catering
ROUGE Fine Catering is committed to reducing our carbon footprint. Below are some ways that we have changed the way we do business.
- Recycle & Compost throughout our organization.
- Removed all high gas/oil consumption vehicles from Route delivery fleet and transitioned to greener/energy efficient vehicles.
- Supporting Local Farms and Dairies and promote seafood catering by promoting menus that contain seafood that has been certified as sustainable by the National Aquarium in Baltimore.
- Offer biodegradable/compostable disposables made with 100% pre-consumer recycled paper.
- Eliminated all use of Styrofoam products.
- Venue partnerships with the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and Irvine Nature Center, where socially and environmentally responsible catering is required.
- Use energy-saving light bulbs.
- Print on 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
- Recycle our used cooking oil.
- Educate clients and employees on ways to make an event eco-friendly.